Monday, August 13, 2007

Sweet sweetness

Today was another wonderful day. Everything about it was perfect. I feel lucky to be alive.

This morning I woke up at Heidi's house. Wonderful.

Then I went to the Ritz to see Mr. Zaphiris and get some delicious chocolate. Wonderful.

Then I drove to Erie to meet up with the girls. It was the most perfect, beautiful day. I soaked in the northwestern Pennsylvania view since I won't be seeing it again for quite awhile. That was wonderful. And sad. Bittersweet.

I met Em, Mal, and Fargo at David's Bridal and I tried on like 500 wedding gowns. Today was like a big trial day... I told the girl to give me anything. And she did. Some of those dresses were horrendous. Finally after like 20 really big and gaudy gowns, she realized that I was leaning towards something more simple. There was one there that we all liked a lot. Trying on wedding dresses didn't seem too crazy until she put a veil on me, then we were all like 'holy crap.' Mal goes, "What is this, Halloween?!" Trying on wedding gowns with great friends. Wonderful.

I wanted to try on more, but I didn't want to force my friends to do any more if they would be bored. But when we left David's Bridal, THEY suggested we go to Bridal Elegance! Yay! I tried on several dresses there, having a better idea of what I was looking for. We found two that are very different from each other, but both really beautiful. I think I like dress 2 better, but mom and the girls said dress 1. I think they maybe are drawn to the color of dress 1, so I'm going to keep looking for a dress with all of the right elements. Wonderful.

Mal, Farg and I went to lunch at Panera. Wonderful.

Mac met me there and we then went to Starbucks to hang out and catch up. It's been way too long since we've had a good chat, so that was definitely wonderful.

He wanted to see the two gowns that we liked at Bridal Elegance so we went and I tried them on for him. He liked dress 2 better. I think this means something, because Mac and I are similar in some ways that the girls and I aren't, so maybe he can see beyond a pretty dress to what is actually more me. It was fun having Mac's input. Wonderful.

I went for a run tonight. Wonderful.

Since camp ended I've been able to talk to Markus much more frequently and for longer periods of time. WONDERFUL!!!

Life is good.

1 comment:

Tricia said...

Life is so good! And I am happy you are writing about it!!!