Wednesday, August 22, 2007

i should have been asleep hours ago

It's late. I need to go to bed. I spent a little more than an hour tonight messing with the house computer, just trying to get it to work. I ended up uninstalling Norton antivirus, installing Avast, and restarting quite a few times. It seems to be doing better now. It's way past my bedtime.

I just wanted to let you know that everything is great. This is a super busy, super full week of orientation, but I'm really enjoying nearly every minute of it. The Sisters of Bon Secours are amazing, and all of the Bon Secours programs that we have seen this week are just incredible. It's so hard for me to believe that a few nuns can make so much change. Tomorrow we are visiting the site where I will be working, so I'll update on that when I know more.
I'm living in a neighborhood called Sowebo, which is right on the line between "bad city" and "good city." It will be really interesting and exciting to become a part of this neighborhood.
The girls I'm living with are all great. Shannon, who is our director, is also just amazing.

Now I'm going to bed.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Hey, did you get my email?

Unknown said...

Yup, it only takes a few to take up the challenges before us to make this a better world for all to live in ... its amazing what it is possible when we're led by God.
You'll make a difference too during this coming year as BSVM.
Thanks for your comment ...
Sr. Pat
A Sister of Bon Secours who blogs too! See
www.bonsececoursvoctions.org/blog

Stephen Foster said...

Good news! You're only half an hour away from where I'm going to be moving to in a couple weeks!

Tricia said...

Bloop, bloop. I want to hear your voice. Bloop bloop.

(I've started talking like I'm under water lately, not out loud, just in my thoughts sometimes)

Love you!!!