Thursday, May 29, 2008

Momma update

My mom's surgery went very well. They gave her an epidural and very light anesthesia (she didn't have to be intubated), so she woke up very easily, and when my sister called after getting to my mom's room, mom was up and talking. I didn't realize how much worry I had been holding in until that moment that I first heard her voice. She said, "Oh honey, you just breathed a huge sigh of relief," and I said, "I did?" And then I just started crying. Whew.
Turns out that the "unidentifiable masses" on her ovaries were all part of the one big fibroid. It had stemmed and twisted and grown like crazy. Yuck. I'm feel so relieved that this is all over, that the surgery went well, that there weren't any surprises, and that my mom isn't going to be in pain anymore. I can't imagine what she's going to feel like after she's all healed from surgery, but I bet she'll wish she did this sooner!

No comments: