Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Just breathe....

OK.
I admit it.

I'm freaking out.

About wedding planning, that is.


I've been trying to figure out what we're going to do about invitations. At first I planned on making them, and then I thought about just saving money in this area and buying those print-em-yourself doozies from Walmart or something. But then I realized *big dramatic light bulb* that I can't send out boring invitations because I LOVE PRETTY PAPER!!! And that would just be wrong. Markus rolled his eyes at me and claimed that I'm making invitations into a moral issue. So, yeah, maybe I am. :)
But then comes the money issue again. And the time issue. And the 'I really, really love pretty paper' issue.
My heart beats faster when I see beautiful letterpress. And do you even know how many companies there are out there that make beautiful invitations?!?
(Look here, and here, and here, and here. For example.) No matter how much time I put into our invitations, they're never going to be as beautiful as some of those. *sigh*
And I also just don't know how to figure everything out... like how many pieces of paper I'm going to need, and if I'll be able to sew them, and how much it will cost to have everything printed. Yadda, yadda, yadda.

I found a design that I like, and that seems simple enough, but it turns out that I'll need 11x17 inch card stock, which is available, um, no where. Not exactly true.. but I do have to special order it. Now I'm changing my mind and might want to do something a little more simple. Or at least different. But it's hard for me to know because I just want to play around and make a few samples, but I don't have the materials that I'd need.

I guess I'm just feeling overwhelmed.

No comments: