Saturday, January 5, 2008

Eat more butter

Today I went to the theater to see a movie that I knew nothing about except that it was recommended to me by two good (yet very different) friends. Juno was incredibly likable, though I wondered if someone wrote the movie only so that such a soundtrack could be produced. I want it. Now. Please. :) I'll download the soundtrack as soon as I have internet on my computer again... unless maybe I should wait a couple weeks and then buy the CD. No, probably not.

Tonight I tried to cheer myself up, so after the movie I went to Whole Foods for dinner and wandering. (and cheese sampling.) After dinner I sat down with a soy chai and a chocolate chip cookie. I've just got to say, I think in our culture of break apart cookie dough that's "just as good," we've forgotten what real chocolate chip cookies taste like. It may have helped that all the ingredients in this particular cookie were organic, but still... Maybe my New Year's resolution is to forget about cookies from a tube. Let's remember real butter, vanilla, and brown sugar! Yeah!

1 comment:

The Sandwich Chronicler said...

Strangely, the cookies made from butter are generally better for you than the ones from a tube. And they taste a lot less like plastic. It's win-win.