Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Goodbyes

I've informed my boss, my roommates, and my director (in that order) of my decision to leave the program early.
All the conversations went well, but I also think it hasn't completely set in yet, for me, or for them. Shannon wants to discuss my leaving at our community meeting tomorrow night. I'm a little anxious.
This is difficult... though I suppose that's a pretty strong characteristic of transition.
One door closing means another is opening, which translates for me to "I'm moving to Washington soon." Whew. I'm excited to start doing life with Markus again, but also a bit anxious about the move, finding a job, etc.
It will certainly be a fun adventure. I'll be glad to be doing it with my partner.

2 comments:

Tricia said...

Proud of you :)

Self-Hating Shrew said...

Don't worry about it; you'll be fine.

I'm probably not the best person to take advice from, given my status of the most screwed up, mistake-prone person ever, but I'd suggest taking your time in your job search. Find something you like, or at least something that you can do for a year or so without wanting to pull your hair out one strand at a time. ;-)