Monday, June 11, 2007

Here's a reason why I love him

Let me tell you, it really sucks to have your boyfriend go into the Army. Especially if you don't know when you'll be able to see him again. Maybe September! Maybe Christmas! Maybe February or March!
Last night I cried a lot and ate a whole bag of chocolate covered pretzels from the Ritz in one sitting. This seemed like not the best way to cope, so this evening I decided to try to pack my apartment and drink mojitos. One half of a mojito later, I called my sister to see if she would go see Knocked Up with me. I'd heard it's really funny, and being at my apartment alone just wasn't helping the situation. She said no, that she had to study (for her GRE's), so I texted Markus to see if he wanted to go. This is a funny little (and maybe a bit masochistic) game we've come up with where we pretend we're not apart.
Well, my freakin' awesome boyfriend said YES! So we both rushed to catch the 7 o' clock show (mine started about 15 minutes late), and were able to watch a movie 'together'. It was great fun, and we're hoping to do it again sometime soon, but this time probably with a rental so we can talk more and make sure we've got the timing right.
Thanks babe.

In other news, I just checked my email and had my first group email from Bon Secours. It looks like Nicole, Stephanie, and Cassie are the other volunteers, though the email mentions that one more will probably be joining the group. Getting that email definitely made this seem more real, and I'm both very excited and very nervous. I really do think it's going to be a great year.

1 comment:

Self-Hating Shrew said...

That's sweet. ;-)

Two of my friends--a couple--are also separated. They find a way to watch television together: the one on the east coast TIVOs the show and then watches it with him over a speaker phone while it's showing on the west coast. I always thought that it was romantic.