Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Does this mean I'm an alcoholic?

The other day I was at my parent's house and realized we have a ton of mint growing out back. This made me think, "Mmmm. I like mojitos."

So I promptly ran to the store and bought some rum, lime juice, and club soda.

That night I made myself a mojito and watched a movie.

The next day I put my mojito in a Starbucks travel mug and took it to the Gannon library with me while I researched med schools.

Right now I'm drinking the delicious drink and watching the news (and blogging).
This much solo drinking would normally make me worry, but the thing is, this limey, minty refreshment is just sooooooooo delicious that I don't even care!
On another note, my life is weird. I've been trying to do some self-reflection in all of this alone time that I've had since Markus left. At times I feel like I'm benefiting, then others I just feel more lost. I have a lot of discerning to do, and it's just really overwhelming.
I keep wishing someone would just tell me all the answers to my life questions, but I know that wouldn't be life at all.

4 comments:

Billy said...

Don't let anyone tell you that "solo-drinking" means you're an alcoholic. It just means you are an independent person that doesn't need others to be around to have a good time. Don't conform to the masses!

PS: I hope you do visit when you go to Baltimore. Just give me a call, it's the same number.

Markus said...

... While it is good to not need others around to have a good time, it is not so good to need alcohol around to have a good time. Just throwing it out there, my adorable little alcoholic. *Grin*

The Sandwich Chronicler said...

I drink a lot of kahlua and milk for the same reason, Hannah. Mmmmm. . . okay, I think I need another one now. This is why we never buy kahlua, come to think of it.

Tricia said...

Please let's make mojitos. I always want one when I see the mojito commercial with the mortar and pestle (sp?) and the swinging short skirts dancing and the voice-over says "Do The Mojito," but I've never yet had the pleasure because I'm scared to order it in case the bartender doesn't know what it is and asks me what's in it and I say, "Umm...I don't know...like, have you seen the commercial?"