Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Updates

  • It's rainy here. Not the usual type of rainy, but "oh my, now everywhere is flooding" rainy.
  • I'm currently in the midst of applying to UW school of medicine, Seattle Midwifery School, and LECOM.
  • I got a haircut and a year's supply of contacts while I was home. These are two things I've now crossed off of my "things to do when I have some money" list. Woot.
  • I'm happy when I get to work for about the first hour. Then I'm just bored.
  • I'd really like to be spending my time working with/shadowing a midwife or doula, but I'm not having any luck in that department.
  • My face is breaking out like no one's business.
  • I have named 2007 and 2008 "the years of tears" and pledge to make 2009 a happier year. I just can't be so sad anymore.
  • Stephanie, Erika and I have decided to run a half marathon this spring. I'm excited, and think it will be good for me to challenge myself to do something that won't come easily.
That's all for now, folks.

4 comments:

Urban Organica said...

Oh, hi! Thanks for coming by! Last year I declared the year of happiness, & although it contained tears, too, it contained immense joy ~ a full year's worth, indeed. So have a wonderful year. Your chosen vocation is so important. If anything can save the word, it's midwives & doulas. Ours our dreams ~ www.birthstream.com. Our boys are very proud of their births & really clear they co-created them. I'll be checking in...

Sara said...

I just wanted to say, "You go Hannah!" I didn't even know what a doula was until you wrote to me about them a few months ago. Since then, I've done a little more poking around online to learn more about them, and Pete and I have started to really think about using one when we have kids. Now that I know more about them, I feel even more strongly that you would make an incredible doula or midwife!! Keep plugging away at that goal. I wish you a wonderful 2009 filled with triumphs and happiness!

Hannah said...

Thanks for the encouragement, you two! I must say so far, so good. :)

Tricia said...

Aaahhhh. I love Hannah.