Saturday, January 17, 2009

Hot mama

I've been having trouble sleeping lately, especially when I have to get up early for work the next morning. I fall asleep okay, but then I wake up a few hours later and can't get back to sleep for the life of me.

This fine morning (if it can really be called that?) I decided to stop trying and get out of bed to research how I can balance my pitta dosha. So, it's funny, because I'm sitting here at three in the morning and feeling like I'm going to die of overheating, and I'm starving, and parched, and I have to poop for like the 5th time in 10 hours (that's right, I said it), and this is one of the first things I read:

Pitta Characteristics:

  • Sharp/Clear voice
  • Light sleeper
  • Intelligent
  • Clear memory
  • Jealous
  • Ambitious
  • Sexually passionate
  • Dislikes hot weather
  • Loves luxury
  • Loose stools / diarrhea
  • Strong appetite
  • Thirsty
Hmmm.

All of the food recommendations seem too complicated and I'm wondering if there's anything else I can do besides go live in a freezer. Maybe acupuncture?

Oh, by the way, this is so me. Everything I read about pittas, I'm like, wow. Also interesting is that pitta is mostly fire, but a little water, and I'm a Leo, which is a fire sign, but on the cusp of Cancer, which is a water sign.
With all of this information pointing so clearly to my composition, you'd think it would be simple to balance my poor self out, but it looks like I'm not doing so hot (no pun intended.)


ps. haha, just read this: If Pitta dosha is out of balance, you may find that you can fall asleep without much trouble, but you wake up in the very early hours and find it difficult to get back to sleep. It is important to get to bed early, so that you can get adequate rest each night. A cup of warm milk, with some cardamom, can be helpful before bedtime.

No comments: