Friday, April 11, 2008

Anyone want to play?

Ahh. It was so sunny and nice today. Really perfect.

Too bad I decided that today was going to be my day of protest.

That's right. I stayed in bed all morning (after returning from taking Markus to work at 5:30 am). Read some. Talked on the phone some. Didn't shower until 3 pm.

Why? Because today Markus left for two weeks 'in the field.' Two weeks!! When we looked at this date on the calendar a month ago we thought I'd have a job. And friends.

But I don't. As you know.

Markus encouraged me to make the most of this time. To explore. To keep looking for a job. To play. To enjoy. To meet people. This all seems like a good idea, but I have the feeling that it's going to be a struggle for me to get up in the mornings, take a shower, and actually do something with my day.
So I thought that maybe if I took one day to get all of the doing-nothingness and sadness and loneliness out of my system....

I'll let you know how that works.

3 comments:

Self-Hating Shrew said...

I know how you feel, Hannah. I felt like that last year in Central PA, and I feel that way in Pittsburgh. I love it here, but I'm currently lonely and jobless. I have all day to unpack, but I usually just wake up around 2:00 p.m. and watch Animal Planet and/or read blogs until I take my bath at 3:00.

We'll get over it. In a month, both of us will have jobs, and then we can get back to whining about traffic and having to wake up at 7:00 a.m.

Tricia said...

Remember to call me any time! I got your text about Radiance. Good news :)

Love love love love

Abby Green said...

I just stumbled on your blog. Best wishes out there in your adventures! I went thru that years ago and didn't make friends until I found a group to join. For you it may be a church community. For me it was a women's choir - and a volunteer position that led to a job. If you can't find a job, at least volunteer a little or do something where there are nice people. You'll find the right folks and maybe even the right contacts for a job!