Monday, March 31, 2008

Banana Bread

On Thursday I was craving banana bread. Dying for banana bread. But our bananas weren't ripe enough. I put them in a paper bag and waited (not very) patiently.
They probably could have ripened longer, but I couldn't take it anymore, and on Friday made a yummy, moist, absolutely delicious loaf.
Today my banana bread is almost gone! There are maybe three slices left. Why can't I have a never-ending banana bread loaf?

Anyway...! I thought I'd pass on the recipe. It's my gramma's and it's mighty delicious. Even if you have your own standard, try this one, and tell me what you think!


Gramma's Banana Bread Recipe
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1/2 cup crisco (i used margarine)
1 cup sugar
3 mashed bananas (mash them with your hands like Gramma does)
2 eggs
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
2 level tsp. baking powder
1/2 cup warm water

Mix all the ingredients together, pour in a well-greased pan, and bake 1 hour (I had to add about 15 minutes) at 325 degrees. Voila!

1 comment:

Self-Hating Shrew said...

I think I'll make this as soon as I can find my baking utensils. I should have everything unpacked in a month or three, and then I'll be able to have yummy banana bread.