Monday, October 15, 2007

the weekend

My wife came to visit me this weekend. How wonderful was that?!
So wonderful!
We relaxed, we explored, we had girl talk... she said that she felt bad because she felt like she was on vacation and realized that I wasn't. And that's what we do. We travel together. But it was a vacation for me!
Friday night we relaxed and watched The Devil Wears Prada with my roommate Stephanie.
Saturday morning Tricia, Stephanie and I went to Cameo II Bridal Salon in Glen Burnie and .... dum dum dum.... I ordered my wedding dress!!! It's so perfect. I'm really excited!
Saturday afternoon Tricia and I were joined by Markus' Army friend, Billy Reinstatler. That was lots of silly fun. He was up visiting from Virginia and the three of us went to lunch at Teavolve, a restaurant/tea house that I've been wanting to take someone to. I kept joking that we were a funny combination of people... me, my wife, and my fiance's husband... but I don't think Billy liked that very much. :)
Saturday night I was craving a cheeseburger like no other. We hunted for a cheeseburger in Federal Hill for about an hour before settling into a fun little bar right next to Cross Street Market. It was full of young people. We sat at a table next to a large window that opened into the busy sidewalk. People stopped outside our window to take a peak at the game, check out the scene, and ask for directions. It was fun.
And Sunday! Oh Sunday! T and I went to breakfast at Paper Moon Diner, and then explored the Baltimore Museum of Art. My favorite painting was of a dense forest by Gustav Klimt.

I had more Starbucks this weekend than I have the whole time I've been here.
And that's okay. I like Starbucks.

Yesterday I had a weird day, so today I'm staying home from work.

See ya.

3 comments:

Markus said...

Big surprise - not everyone (especially Guys... in THE ARMY...) loosely throws around marital terms when referring to friends of the same sex. I will have another copy of that memo sent to you *laugh*.

----- completely unrelated ----

Dude - I like Starbucks too... and I miss it. One exit west of the main gate exit, on I-44, there is a Starbucks sign. You know those green signs that tell you what restaurants there are - it's on one of those. But it is a CRUEL CRUEL LIE! There is NO Starbucks there. I know because I have searched and searched.

The situation is getting so desperate, that I may resort to asking locals for directions... but I'm sure nothing will come of it. If I can't find it, Lord knows no native Missourians can.

Tricia said...

Why did you stay home from work today? I don't want to fall out of the loop now that I'm back in dreary (but sometimes cheery) Erie.

I missssss yooooouuuuuuuuu

Lindsey said...

I miss you guys!! I'm glad you had such a nice weekend together. :) Markus, I sure hope you find a Starbucks soon!