Saturday, September 6, 2008

Eff change.

Despite the header on this blog, I have to admit that I am no good at accepting change. No good as using it as a catalyst for growth.

I just cry and cry and cry. and cry. and drip snot all over myself. and develop colds because I run myself down from crying. and become so depressed that I can't imagine doing anything besides laying on the couch all day. and stop seeing any good in the situation. and wish for death, because that would be easier than finding a way to move on from this point.

I don't think anyone reads this blog. or if you do you already know. but just to say it. the beautiful wedding that has been planned. the one where i marry my best friend. it's been called off.

so eff this.

3 comments:

ortho said...

Awww, this is so sad. We all feel your pain. Thanks for sharing.

The Sandwich Chronicler said...

I know it seems catastrophic, but it will be all right eventually. And you're allowed not to have the answers, and to feel confused and cruddy, and be bad at dealing with change. Those are all accounted for in the rules.

Elise said...

I'm so sorry. The same thing happened to me and I know that the pain and humiliation is almost unbearable. I couldn't even go pick up my wedding dress from the store, I just left it there after I finished paying for it. Be kind to yourself and know that there is a reason. Looking back (10 years later) I am so relieved that fiance #1 called off our wedding because, although he was my best friend at the time, by not marrying him I ended up meeting and marrying my soulmate. And now I know that the difference between a best friend and a soulmate is that the latter would never, ever leave you at the altar.